четверг, 17 марта 2011 г.

book smart.

book smart.
white book stand with gold wall light overhead. / sfgirlbybay

as you’ve probably realized from seeing my built-in bookcases, i’m a bit of a reading fiend. when i have a good book in my hands it takes me away for hours on end. i’ve been known to read into the wee hours of the night and wake up ready to dive in again. so it always saddens me a bit when i hear that perfectly bound books might go by the wayside someday. say it ain’t so! there’s nothing quite like the beauty of a home library and books, even magazines — print, if you will, of all kinds gets my heart rate going. so when i saw this wonderful print, ‘hold me i’m real’ i was reminded how much i love books on display. to me, they’re the makings of a real home, and i love perusing friends’ bookshelves. some of my favorite books lately have been a gentleman in moscow, isaac’s storm (everything i’ve read by erik larson is amazing!), along the infinite sea and edgar & lucy. put your books out there, my friends! be book proud and show it.


hold me i'm real art print. / sfgirlbybay

built-in shelves displaying books, ceramics and vintage camera and light. / sfgirlbybay

minimalist vertical wood book shelf. / sfgirlbybay

vintage book spines. / sfgirlbybay

wicker chair and colorful books on display in white living room. / sfgirlbybay

white and pink books on display. / sfgirlbybay

minimalist modern black and white desk area with built-in book shelves. / sfgirlbybay

decorating with books. / sfgirlbybay

low shelves with art and books. / sfgirlbybay

ornate fireplace with art and built-in bookshelves. / sfgirlbybay

built-in bookshelves inspiration. / sfgirlbybay

art and books on display. / sfgirlbybay

low pile of books in sunlight room. / sfgirlbybay

vintage bookshelves and cabinet. / sfgirlbybay

white bookshelves with neutral books. / sfgirlbybay

• photography credits in order of appearance: the everygirl; ‘hold me i’m real’ from book shop; inside closet; fantastic frank; remain simple; sight unseen; @candiceperrin; fantastic frank; salvo lópez photography; the modern issue; me and my sneakers; nuevo estilo; rue magazine; interior design; ‘hold me i’m real’ from book shop; laura seppenen design; @sofia.tuovinen; my domaine; st. barts; anna malmberg; alexandra sara; atelier doré; deer circus.


Original article and pictures take www.sfgirlbybay.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий