четверг, 11 июня 2009 г.

A Cozy And Light-Filled Minnesota Home Tour

A Cozy And Light-Filled Minnesota Home Tour
Gold sconce

Linen comforter cover and shams: Anthropologie // Throw blanket: Macy’s


Kari & Her Home


If you were to ask Living Life’s Moments blogger, Kari Jensen, if her current home is the place where she and her family plan to grow old together, you might just hear an unexpected reply: “I wouldn’t say that our beloved home is our ‘forever home,’ but she is very special and it will be hard to say goodbye when that day comes.”


As Kari goes on to tell the story, the house was situated just down the road from the rental she and her husband, Aaron, were renting at the time, and they only happened to end up moving in after a serendipitous turn of events. It has been more than a decade since those keys were laid in the newly-married couples’ hands. Fast forward to today, and the pair have grown their household by three and made countless memories in their not-so-forever home. Judging by the layers of cozy textiles and heirlooms that fill each and every room of this soothing oasis, it’s clear that Kari and Aaron don’t take their transitional space for granted.


Read on to learn a little more about Kari’s daily lifestyle as a creative blogger, wife and mother, including the heartbreaking and heartwarming chapters that make up her family’s story in St. Paul, Minnesota.


Round coffee table

Wooden children's blocks

Jute living room rug

Tell us about your home! How did you find it, and what made you decide that it was “the one”?


It was springtime, a popular time for homes on the market. We had been living in the neighborhood for sometime actually, renting a home just down the street. I was still in graduate school and Aaron was laying down roots in his career.


One day while walking our dog, we noticed the “for sale” sign in the yard. We made a call, set up a tour and the next thing we knew we had brand new keys in our hands. It was a home we saw ourselves growing up in as a married couple. It’s kind of ironic because we never saw this home as “the one” that we would welcome children into. Ten years and three babies later though, we’re still still living here, still growing—only now right alongside our three girls. I wouldn’t say that our beloved home is our “forever home,” but she is very special and it will be hard to say goodbye when that day comes.


Floral wallpaper

Table was handmade out of barn wood from Kari’s grandparents’ barn // Chairs: family heirloom


Hanging macrame plant holder
What’s your favorite thing about living in St. Paul, Minnesota?

St. Paul has such a chill vibe. It’s laid-back, diverse and quaint, and yet it has enough nightlife and entertainment and adorable places to shop to keep one busy.


What are the three items you always have in your fridge?


Eggs, a big bowl of fresh cut fruit and yogurt.


White built-in book shelves

Vintage bottle vase

Leather side chair

Floral pillow

Who do you love to follow on Instagram?


I would have to say the majority of the people I follow are mothers who share how they do life, and photographers who share their beautiful art. I love following both.


Any tips for taking photos of your three energetic kids?


Capture more. Sometimes I get lucky when I snap multiple images of the same scene. My advice is to find good light. Light is everything. Keep it authentic, because oftentimes the images where my kids aren’t looking at the camera are the most treasurable ones.


Floral pillow cases

Headboard: family heirloom // Rug: West Elm // Bedside table: handmade by Bloom // Floral art: thrifted


Children's toy basket

Wooden dresser

Dresser: thrifted // Hanging art: Kelli Murray


Tell us about your blog! When and why did you initially decide to launch Living Life’s Moments?


I started the blog about six years ago. It has since changed some from when I first started. I found myself inspired to share my story after having my first miscarriage. I saw it as a way to inspire and uplift others who may be going through the same thing, while also healing from my own loss. It was a really hard time for me, but through it I found myself rising each day gripping onto these three words: “live life’s moments.” It shifted my focus and had a big impact on my healing process. I continue to blog, but it’s now a space where I share, not only life’s moments, but other things that inspire me, too.


Wooden peg board

Stuffed bunny toy

Floral wall calendar
How would you describe the design aesthetic of your home?

Minimal with a touch of cozy.


Stripes or florals?


Of course, I’m indecisive, so I ask: do I have to pick? I mean, they complement each other so nicely. It’s hard to have one without the other, but if I have to pick, stripes because they flow nicely with any style.


White bedding

Antique runner rug

Chair as a nightstand
What’s one piece of baby gear you couldn’t live without?

A wrap, sling or a Beco/Ergobaby carrier. I keep them close for as long as I can!


Go-to mama-on-duty outfit?


My favorite pair of high-waisted skinny jeans, something layered up top and a pair of cheerful sneakers to add a pop of color!


Striped bedding

Floral crown

Beds: vintage // Quilts: Schoolhouse Electric // Silhouette art of the girls: A Family Print Shop // Frames: Framebridge // Peg hooks: The Container Store


What are your strategies for maintaining a stylish house while raising children?


Keeping things simple, yet tailored to our family’s needs. For example, we use pretty wicker and natural fiber baskets to store the girls’ toys and books in. Basically, everything has a basket around here to hide the “stuff,” but it’s pretty to look at and blends in with the rest of our home.


Reading or writing?


Reading. I love the feeling of getting lost in a good book.


Go-to St. Paul breakfast joint?


Floral embroidered pillow

Glass door knob

We never saw this home as “the one” that we would welcome children into. Ten years and three babies later though, we’re still still living here, still growing—only now right alongside our three girls.


Wood table lamp

What’s one piece of advice you would give to new moms trying to navigate life, work, marriage and motherhood?


Take time to listen.


Two-tone basket

Original article and pictures take 47asd344e8mlcccky10ouz21.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий